Please ensure you read all of the information on this page BEFORE sending a submission into Southern Sass Publications. Sending a submission confirms your agreement with the following guidelines. Upon reviewing/receiving submissions, Southern Sass Publications reserves the right to accept or deny any submission we receive. Submissions are reviewed based on its content, quality, relevance and the availability of space in the issue under current publication.
If you were pre-selected on our “Model Call” on facebook, follow the directions listed in your pre-selection post below your photo.
Southern Sass Publications holds to a strict editing & quality control policy and due to the high amount of submissions received we are not able to reply to every one. If you are not chosen, please feel free to submit at another time. The deadline for submissions is the 15th of each month; the release date is 1st of the following month. Both Sassy Couture and Southern Sass Magazines are published monthly.
ALL WORK MUST BE EXCLUSIVE AND UNPUBLISHED.
Southern Sass Publications only take exclusive, previously unpublished photos; this includes on Facebook or any other social media website. By submitting your photos, you are giving us permission to publish your work in Sassy Couture and Southern Sass Magazines. If you have submitted to another publication or it is used elsewhere, you MUST inform us immediately. The photos must remain unpublished until the release of the featured issue of a Sassy Couture or Southern Sass Magazine.
We accept Fashion, Art & Beauty editorials. We do not publish any nudity. Model specifics are open, at the discretion of Southern Sass Publications. In order to be considered, all fashion editorials require a minimum of 4 diverse photos, with no repeats. When submitting for consideration, always submit your editorials in low resolution. Please do not include the images in-line. Include the email of who is submitting within the document, and the photographers name and the title of the work. If you are submitting the editorial and you are not the photographer, please confirm and present to us clear, written permission from the photographer that owns the copyright to the images.
NOTE:As images are approved for publication, you give us the right to edit/crop pictures.
Team credits are essential for all submissions: if we have accepted your submissions and you provide the high resolution images without team credits, your submission will not be published. We will not be held accountable for any missing or miss-spelled credits. Therefore, please be sure to double check that all persons involved in the submission are included in the credits and their names are spelled correctly. If for any reason a submission is published and a individual/s credit is missing, the person who submitted the feature will be held responsible.
Once an image is accepted to be published, it grants us the permission to use your work in any of our publications, websites, videos, marketing pieces, advertisements, and any other mediums or formats used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of Southern Sass Publications. The copyright holder retains ownership of the images. Unfortunately we are not able to send free printed copies! YET!
Please use the CONTACT page to submit your dropbox link
*To share a folder in Dropbox:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Hover your cursor over the folder you want to share.
- Click the blue Share button that appears.
- Enter our email address email@example.com
- Select Can edit from the pull-down menu.
- Add a message about the files and click Share.
- Upon acceptance of your submission, you must provide high-res photos (300dpi, at least 3300 pixels on longest side for portraits and 5100 pixels on longest side for landscapes) via Dropbox
- Images must be at least 8.5″x11″ inches (portraits) and 17″(w)x11″inches(h) (Landscape). We can crop 2:3 for you.
- Credit for everyone involved. Credits are to be emailed or added as a DOC file
- No logos or watermarks are allowed on the photos. (everyone involved will be credited)
- Files must be jpeg.
- *Your work is either unsuitable or does not fit with the flow of the issue.
- *There is little or no space left for placement.
- *Your work was sent to us PAST the required deadline, automatically forfeiting your work or, you did not follow our submission instructions
- *The quality of work is not high enough, including the resolution of the photos.
- *Wardrobe is repeated throughout the editorial.
- *You have not supplied enough images to create a full story.
- *Although your rejection could be due to any of these reasons, we are not responsible for outlining the specific reason.
Again, all submissions may NOT be replied to: you do not need to send multiple emails requesting a reply. You will be contacted if your work is accepted within one week of submission.
Sassy Couture and Southern Sass Magazines are international publications and are currently only available online to be purchased as a print-on-demand publication.
You will have the option to purchase a digital or print copy of a Southern Sass Publication. Read More
The purchase link will be posted on our Facebook page on the day of release, and will be posted on our social media sites also.
To get immediate updates and purchase information please like our facebook page.
Please use the CONTACT page to submit your dropbox link*
We are always looking for guest writers and bloggers who would like to contribute to the magazine and online. If you are interested in writing or blogging for us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Writer Submission” or “Blogger Submission”, including original writing samples and links to blog or portfolio.
We’re looking for writers to cover fashion, beauty, art, culture and entertainment!